PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Pasadena
Microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is an all-natural treatment that uses your own self-repair system to rejuvenate the skin. It is safe for all skin types, and is both non-surgical and chemical free.
Microneedling allows for controlled induction of the skin repair mechanism to trigger new collagen production. It is a minimally invasive treatment in which fine needles create precise, shallow micro-perforations in the skin. This causes the body to create new collagen and elastin, which is why microneedling is also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT). Only sterile, one time use needles are used in what is usually a procedure taking 30-45 minutes in total. This can rejuvenate the appearance of skin and even improve scarring. Fine lines, acne scars, large pores, and uneven skin texture and pigmentation can be improved with micro needling.
Microneedling benefits include:
- Improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Lightening sun spots and hyperpigmentation
- Reducing pore size
- Firming the skin, improving skin texture and skin tone
- Reducing depressed acne scars and helping other scars
- Plumper, younger-looking skin with that “glow”
Absolute Contraindications to Microneedling:
- Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities
- Scleroderma, blood clotting problems
- Active infection
- Immune suppression
- Scars less than 6 months old
The following should be reviewed prior to Microneedling
- History of keloid scarring
- Chronic skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or cancer
- Raised moles, warts, or lesions in treatment area
- Herpes simplex infection history
PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, comes from your own blood. Platelets and plasma, which contains natural growth factors and signaling molecules, play critical roles in healing. Once separated from the other components of blood (mostly red and white blood cells), it can be both reinjected into the skin and also used topically to stimulate and accelerate the natural healing and renewal process of your skin. The treatment begins with drawing blood, then using a centrifuge to help separate the blood into its components. Because PRP is derived from your own body, there are very few side effects to this procedure.
PRP is often used to treat hair loss and age-related balding in both men and women. It has been effective in triggering more hair growth and enhancing blood supply to hair follicles, helping patients maintain their hair.
When PRP and Microneedling are combined, the two work together to help skin refresh, renew, and rejuvenate the skin.