1. What is nonsurgical rhinoplasty?
Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is a way to reshape the nose without surgery. Instead, it can be performed in the office and has no true “recovery time.” You can also click the following link to read a description of nonsurgical rhinoplasty.
2. Who is a candidate for nonsurgical rhinoplasty?
The procedure is most ideal for someone who does not want to undergo the traditional rhinoplasty, which is a surgical procedure. The nonsurgical rhinoplasty can improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose, and is most useful when used to correct mild to moderate cosmetic concerns, including bumps, humps, or a low nasal bridge.
3. How long does the nonsurgical rhinoplasty take?
The procedure itself generally takes less than 15 minutes. Patients may return to work or class the same day.
4. What types of dermal fillers are used in the nonsurgical rhinoplasty, or nasal reshaping?
Dr. Jen Chow most commonly uses Radiesse or Juvederm for the nose. The specific choice depends on the area being treated and the patient. Both fillers are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for cosmetic use in the face with results that last up to a year or more.
5. Who performs the nonsurgical rhinoplasty at the Chow Center for Facial Plastic Surgery?
Dr. Chow, who attended medical school at Yale University and is a board certified and fellowship trained surgeon, performs all the nonsurgical rhinoplasties in his practice.
6. How can I learn more about nonsurgical rhinoplasty?
A good place to start is the description of the procedure. You can also schedule a consultation at the Chow Center for Facial Plastic Surgery by calling (626) 447-3223. This will allow you to meet with Dr. Chow and have him describe your unique treatment plan in detail.