There’s a reason fashion models all possess high cheek bones. High cheek bones can naturally sculpt the face and draw attention to the eyes. However, not everyone is blessed with the high and prominent cheekbones most of us want, but there are ways to emphasize the cheek bones we do have. Makeup is the simplest tool to help create depth and shadow there by contouring and highlighting the right areas. It can be as easy as highlighting the ‘apples of your cheeks’ to define your cheekbones. Not only does this enhance your features, it also thins your face and enhances inherent beauty. Follow these easy how-to makeup steps to create the look of high cheekbones:
- Apply your foundation on your already clean face. You can use a cream or liquid, however, power or mineral powders are easier to blend and give a satin smooth finish. This makes your face an even canvas so you can effectively create highlights and contours.
- Suck in your cheeks to see your cheekbones better and define the areas you’re working with.
- Now apply bronzer just under your cheekbone, using the upward motion toward your temple and by your hairline to further accentuate the cheekbones. The bronzer should be one to two shades darker than your skin tone. Apply lightly, try not to get overzealous with the color remember you can always add more.
- Apply blush just above your cheekbones, using the same upward technique then blend well. This highlights the ‘apples of your cheeks’. So the bronzer and the blush meet in the middle of your cheekbone. It’s also best to experiment with different types of blush techniques and color to find which one suits you best.
- Blend them together where they meet for a more natural effect.
Useful tips: Always try to apply your makeup in natural light; this will help you avoid errors. Try not to use too much makeup for the natural high cheekbones you want. Remember less is more, too much can make you look like a clown.