Although the length and volume of our eyelashes is largely determined by our DNA, there are options out there that can help those of us with little or no lashes achieve that length and full-bodied look we desire.
Mascara is perhaps the most traditional and common way to longer lashes. The way you apply the mascara is more important than having the latest and greatest brand.
1. Apply eyeliner on your lash line, as this will give the illusion of a fuller set of lashes.
2. Curl your lashes. Choose an eye lash curler that fits well with the shape (curvature) of your eyes. If you have eyes that protrude slightly, you might want to pick a curler with a more rounded curve. Heat up your metal curler for 5-10 seconds with a hair dryer. Just like curling irons, this will help your lashes curl and stand up. Start from the roots of your lashes and clamp down gently a few times and work your way towards the end of your lashes.
3. Apply Mascara. Position the mascara wand at the end of your roots and gently tug towards the end of the lashes. Use a zig-zag motion as you swoop the wand upwards. You can also use the mascara on top of your lashes for a fuller look. But be careful as it can uncurl them.
4. Vertical wand for Lower Lashes. Hold the mascara vertically and run it across your bottom lashes. Holding it vertically can help prevent any mascara mistakes.
5. Cotton Swab for Smudges. Any mascara mistakes can be removed by firmly pressing down on the smudge with a Q-Tip.
Of course, there's always this way to get longer lashes, too…!